- Surfing – Pavones is one of the longest and best waves for surfing in the world, surf travelers from around the globe visit ever April-September to catch the perfect waves that break along the beach in Pavones. If you don’t know how to surf, or are just then you should take a surf coaching session with the crew at Una Ola Surf Camp.
- Fishing – Pavones, Costa Rica is a small fishing village along the shores of the Golfo Dulce. The rich waters of the gulf are teaming with all types of fish. Corbina, Red Snapper, Dorado, Tuna and Rooster fish are some of the most common fish you’ll catch when you go fishing in Pavones. You can hire a boat, or fish from shore, it’s up to you, but it’s a great way to pass the time in Pavones.
- River Rafting – Grab some rafts an inner tubes and hike up the Altamira trail to do a river rafting tour down the Rio Claro de Pavones. It’s a fun adventure, especially on hot days!
- Hiking – There are tons of trails to hike up into the hills surrounding Pavones. And the community is trying to create a beach front hiking trail the entire length of Bahia Pavon.
- Birdwatching – Pavones, Costa Rica is a bird watcher’s paradise with lots of amazing birds to see for those on the look out. Scarlett Macaw, Chestnut Mandible Toucan, Laughing Falcon, Crimson Rump Taninger are commonly sighted in the canopy surrounding Pavones, Costa Rica.
- Horseback Riding on the Beach – There was a time when the only way to get around in Pavones, Costa Rica was on horseback. Take a horseback riding tour along the beach with Maruja. It’s a great way to see the area.
- Take A Yoga Class – Yoga is popular in Pavones, Costa Rica. The Shooting Star Yoga Studio, on the beach in Pavones has daily yoga classes every Monday – Friday. If you are interested in studying to become a certified yoga instructor, the Pavones Yoga Center, conducts intensive yoga teacher training programs several times per year. And in the Punta Banco area, the Yoga Farm, is a sustainable living retreat for yoga enthusiasts.
- Mountain Biking – Mountain biking has become quite popular in Costa Rica recently, with many locals taking up the sport in the past few years. In Pavones, we have several trails and mountain roads that make for challenging terrain for riding.
Top 10 Things To Do in Pavones, Costa Rica
Surfing, Fishing, Yoga & More!